Holiday Horse Parade
Friday, November 24, 2017 | 3pm - 8pm
10am - Shops begin to open
3pm - Street vendors and Children's Activities begin
5:00pm - Street Carolers and Carriage Rides begin
5:30pm - Tree Lighting Ceremony at Legacy Park
6:30pm - Lighted Horse Parade begins
7:30pm - Santa Land opens
Celebrate the season with holiday activities for the whole family and welcome Santa to Historic Downtown Urbana, Ohio in a lighted horse parade.
Highlights of the Holiday Horse Parade
Established in 2015 as an expansion of our original Santa Parade, the Holiday Horse Parade always takes place on the day after Thanksgiving. The family-friendly event begins early with afternoon shopping, dining, and children's activities, culminating with the tree lighting ceremony and parade. Attendance and parking at the event is free.
Skip the Black Friday madness and shop friendly local merchants. Urbana boasts a well-known group of vintage and antique shops as well as several stores with new home furnishings and decor. We also have several women's fashion boutiques, art galleries, and other specialty shops.
Shop small. Support local business.
Bring your children for a fun evening starting off with free indoor holiday activities, games, and storytelling hosted by local businesses around the Square. Then make your way to Legacy Park for the magical lighting of our 15 foot Christmas tree. Listen to carolers, take a carriage ride, patron the street vendors, and eat while you await the parade.
Join us as we welcome Santa to town with a Holiday Horse Parade which will travel West on Scioto Street toward the Square. Adorned with lights, jingle bells, and bows, the horses, carriages, and wagons will lead Santa to the Gloria Theater, where children may visit and get a picture with him in Santa Land.
Register your horse, carriage, or wagon
Please download the entry form and submit by November 20, 2017.
Rules and Regulations:
- Acceptable entries include horse-drawn carriages, wagons, riders, or buggies. No motorized entries.
- Horses and riding vehicles must be clean and presentable.
- You must maintain control of their horses at all times.
- You are responsible for any and all damage done by you and/or your entry.
- Insurance is not required, but if you do have insurance, please send a copy of policy.
- Respect the space and property of other entrants.
- You are responsible for clean-up around your staging area.
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in staging areas and parade route.
- Absolutely NO riding horses anywhere in town other than parade route.
- Staging and registration open at 4pm.
- Parade begins at 6:30pm
- Please return numbers at the conclusion of the parade after returning to the staging area.
To gain further information or to provide suggestions, please contact Pam Moore by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone: 937-215-4887